How to Apply to Middle School, Grades 6-8
We welcome applications to our Middle School for Grades 6-8. Below you will find a detailed description of the application process. Wornick is one of the San Francisco Bay Area schools using a web-based application called Ravenna Admit for the submission of online applications. The Admissions team will be available to answer your questions or provide assistance at any time during the process.
All application materials are due January 18, 2019.
The Director of Admissions may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 650-378-2611.
1. Schedule a VisitA parent admissions tour is highly encouraged. To request a tour, please complete an inquiry form.
Other admissions events, including Middle School Open House on October 28, 2018, provide an excellent opportunity for you and your child to get to know our program. Register for events here.
2. Complete an Online Application
Please complete our online application. To do so, please click on the blue "Apply Now" button above, which will take you to the application platform, Ravenna, which Wornick uses to manage its applications. Please create an account, and then fill out your application for Ronald C. Wornick Jewish Day School.The application includes:
- Parent and Student Profiles
- Parent Questionnaire
- Student Questionnaire, to be completed by the student applicant
- Uploaded copy of your child's birth certificate
- Confidential student evaluation form, to be completed by your child's current teacher. Please invite the teacher to complete this form via the online application.
- Applicants to Middle School must submit a request for student records to your current school. Please sign the form and provide it to your child's current school. The request for student records form is available for download from the online application, or here.
- Application fee of $100, payable by credit card as part of the online application. If the application fee represents a hardship for your family, please contact the Director of Admissions.
3. Attend Middle School Shadow Day
Applicants to Middle School are required to attend Middle School Shadow Day on November 8, 2018. On occasion, an additional campus visit might also be required.
Middle School applicants are required to take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). Please use the website below to select a date and register to take the test, as testing locations and dates fill up quickly. Wornick is not a testing site. For more information about the ISEE, and to register for the exam, please go to http://www.erblearn.org/
5. Apply for Tuition Assistance if needed
Wornick is committed to making our school available to a diverse community and offers tuition assistance to families showing a demonstrated need. Applications for Tuition Assistance are due February 11, 2019. Please click here for Tuition Assistance information.
6. Admission Decisions and Enrollment
Upon completion of the above steps, the Admission Committee will carefully review each application. Admission decision letters and information about Tuition Assistance awards will be mailed on March 20, 2019 and emailed on March 21, 2019.
Enrollment contracts and a tuition deposit are due on March 28, 2019.