Join us on Sunday, May 23rd for the PTO's annual fundraising event that supports the PTO's mission of providing our students and teachers with advanced opportunities for enrichment all year long. The event will be a masked, distanced, staggered, in-person event featuring a Walkathon and WornickFest Around the World activities. Per county guidance, families must RSVP in advance and provide all names of attendees, signing up for a 20 minute time slot for the Walkathon (beginning at 10:35am) with a corresponding 20 minute time for the WornickFest event (beginning at 11am). Families can only attend with members of their household. No walk-in's will be allowed. Everyone 2 years old and above must be masked, and maintain appropriate distancing while on campus. There are no exceptions to the mask requirement even if you are vaccinated. Parents must supervise young children.
The WornickFest portion of the event will be a trip around the world featuring art, music, dance, cuisine and leisure - all the makings of a fabulous vacation without the packing and jet lag. WornickFest will take you on a journey to the lands and cultures that make up our diverse Wornick community. We are looking forward to celebrating our amazing community and the remarkable year we have shared.
The Walkathon will have participants walking laps on South Road. Students can sign up to walk and create their own pages complete with Avatar at http://wornick.walkstarter.org. Students can then email their individual link to family and friends to collect pledges and/or donations. (Donations can also be made directly at the same URL.)
Attendance fee is $36 per family and includes:
- Entry into the walkathon,
- 3 balls for the dunk tank,
- A recipe book containing recipes from around the world,
- Yummy dutch pancakes to take home,
- And more.
|Group||Walkathon Time||Event Time|
|Group 1: 10:35 - 11:20||10:35 - 10:55||11:00 - 11:20|
|Group 2: 11:00 - 11:45||11:00 - 11:20||11:25 - 11:45|
|Group 3: 11:25 - 12:10||11:25 - 11:45||11:50 - 12:10|
|Group 4: 11:50 - 12:35||11:50 - 12:10||12:15 - 12:35|
|Group 5: 12:15 - 1:00||12:15 - 12:35||12:40 - 1:00|
The flow of the event will be:
1. Please park in the larger PJCC lot closer to FC Blvd.
2. Walk down South Road toward Wornick. The walkathon will take place in the parking area along South Road. This area will be set up for laps and blocked to traffic. Walkathon participants need to register with Walkstarter in advance and check in upon arrival. Participants will have 20 minutes to walk as many laps as they can. Families that do not wish to participate in the walkathon may go directly to the Wornick parking lot at their assigned event time.
3. After the walkathon time slot is complete, walk to the Wornick Parking lot to check in for WornickFest. Families will have 20 minutes to enjoy the stations (Music, Art, Food, and Leisure - including a dunk tank featuring notable staff and teachers.)
4. Exit along Shell Blvd to Balclutha to walk back to PJCC lot.
We need your help to put on this event for our community! Please sign up here to volunteer.