Room Parents' Corner
- Create community by planning events for your class / grade during the year;
- Communicate with your teachers about their needs;
- At teacher’s request, coordinate drivers and other help for field trips and other class events;
- Encourage class sign-ups as needed for various school and PTO events;
- Organize and distribute teacher gifts;
- Send monthly updates and reminders to your class about class, PTO and other school events; and
- Advise the PTO and Head of School about births, deaths, illness or other needs, and coordinate assistance for families experiencing such an event as may be appropriate.
We always recommend that more than one person volunteer per class, to share the work. You and your Co-Room Parents may decide to take on all these responsibilities yourselves; however, we urge you to involve other class parents as this helps build a team feeling within the class and provides opportunities for others to feel involved.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We are always available to help!
Specific information on Room Parent responsibilities can be found here: