Main Menu

Explore More

Logo Image

Communications

Adam Eilath

Dear Wornick Community, 

This communication includes an update to the rainy day policy and a reminder of the Middle School plan should the county move to the purple tier.

Update to Rainy Day Policy

Based on last week's rainy day experience, we have revised procedures for Middle School. In the event of unexpected rain, we will proceed as we did last week with students having lunch and snack in the tents, leveled Middle School Math and Hebrew will be on Zoom, and lower school Hebrew will meet in their cohorts in their assigned classroom with native and non-native students together.

However, should there be anticipated rain in the forecast, grades 6-8 will learn remotely to maximize their learning experience. The number of transitions in tent usage on rainy days is operationally very challenging to sustain when we have all of our grades on campus. If we move to full remote in middle school we will let all parents know by 7:00 pm the day before and hot lunch will be credited to your account if you have ordered for that day.

Should San Mateo County Return to the Purple Tier

Our school's Health and Safety Committee is continuing to closely monitor the health situation as it develops nationally and locally. As previously communicated, should the County of San Mateo move back into the purple tier:

  • Grades 7 and 8 will move to full remote learning within one week of the announcement
  • Grade 6 will move to full remote learning within two weeks. Since grade 6 is still new to the Middle School environment, this schedule allows time for students to adjust back to remote learning.
  • TK - grade 5 will continue with on-campus learning.

If the purple tier designation is announced while students are on break, a course of action will be determined by our Health and Safety Committee and we will communicate the plan to you.

While we are hoping that the rise in cases is temporary and numbers will begin trending downwards soon, we are also preparing for the possibility that they will continue to rise. For TK-5, should the level of community transmission reach a point that the Health & Safety Committee deems it unsafe for on-campus learning, the school has the discretion to institute a period of remote learning. Any decision will take into account state and county guidance, level of community spread, human resource capacity, community feedback, as well as any other relevant factors.

We are committed to a hybrid program that includes most of our students choosing daily on-campus learning and feel very fortunate that our teachers and students have been so successful this year in this mode. However, with cases rising locally and nationally, we must be prepared for all scenarios. We appreciate your understanding of this evolving situation.

As we head into this Thanksgiving break, I encourage you to read Health Officer Scott Morrow's November 23rd statement, which discusses the recent surge in cases and urges us all to do our part.

Wishing you a restful and healthy Thanksgiving,
Adam Eilath