Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Parent Resources
Wornick has transitioned to remote learning as of March 13, 2020 through May 3, 2020. Passover break is April 8 - 17.
As we are seeing in the news, the landscape around the coronavirus (COVID-19) is developing quickly. With this in mind, we are providing this page as a resource to our families so that you can easily find previous email updates, status of events, and helpful resources on status updates, as well as speaking with your children. For updates related to Remote Learning, please visit our Remote Learning at Wornick page.
On Wednesday, March 11, 2020, we made the difficult decision to transition to remote learning beginning Friday, March 13 and going through Wednesday, March 25. On Friday, March 13, the San Mateo County Health Officer, Scott Morrow, issued a School Operations Modification Order, requiring all schools in the county to dismiss students from regular attendance beginning March 16 through April 3. On March 31, San Mateo County Health Officer, issued an extension of the current Shelter in Place order through May 3, 2020. When we have more news about our school building opening and the criteria we will use to open the school building, we will share it with you.
Please continue to notify firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe you have been exposed to Coronavirus, have had contact with someone who has been exposed to Coronavirus, or have tested positive. We want to support your family, as well as make informed decisions about school reopening.
Shelter in Place Order in Effect in San Mateo County
San Mateo County Health Officer issued a Shelter in Place Order on March 16, 2020, and extended that order on March 31. Shelter in Place is currently in effect through May 3, 2020. He is recommending you shelter in place at your homes, leaving them only for essential work, medical care (preferably access medical care through phone or online services), groceries and pharmacy. These are measures that have been implemented in other countries and will have an effect of slowing down this virus. We urge all of our families to do their part and comply with this order.
All activities and events
8th Grade Israel Study Trip
7th Grade South Study Trip
6th Grade Olympic Peninsula Study Trip
TK-5 Talent Show - March 13
Community Grand Event with Mark Spitz - March 22
Mentor/Mentee Playdate - March 29
- For kids - A comic to help explain the Coronavirus
- Childmind.org - "Talking to Your Kids About the Coronavirus"
- Childmind.org - "Helping Children Cope with Frightening News"
- New York Times - “Talking to Teens and Tweens About Coronavirus”
- CDC - "What You Need to Know About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)"
- CDC - "COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers"
- San Mateo County Health Department Opens Public Call Center
- World Health Organization - “Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak”
- CDC - “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)”
- San Mateo County Health Department Updates and Information
- San Mateo County Issues School Operations Modification Order - March 13, 2020
- San Mateo County Health Officer issued a Shelter in Place Order - March 16, 2020
- San Mateo County Health Office Extends Shelter in Place Order Until May 3 - March 31, 2020