Recent State/County Orders and Parent Resources
- Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People - April 29, 2021 (Updated May 13, 2021)
- Blueprint for a Safer Economy - Current Tier Assignments
- Blueprint for a Safer Economy - Activity and Business Tiers
- Regional Stay At Home Order - December 3, 2020
- Indoor Dining Closes, Outdoor Gatherings Only: State Moves San Mateo County to Purple Tier 1 - November 28, 2020
- Limited Stay At Home Order - November 19, 2020
- California has a blueprint for reducing COVID-19 in the state with revised criteria for loosening and tightening restrictions on activities - August 28, 2020
- San Mateo County Named to State COVID-19 Watch List - July 29, 2020
- Governor Newsom Issues Order: Schools and school districts can reopen for in-person instruction if they are located in a county that has stayed off the watch list for more than 14 days - July 17, 2020
- On March 19, 2020, an Executive Order (PDF) and Public Health Order (PDF) directs all Californians to stay home except to go to an essential job or to shop for essential needs. It was modified on May 4, 2020.
- San Mateo County Reopening - March 17, 2021
- San Mateo County Now Under Regional Stay At Home Order as Virus Cases, Hospitalizations Rise - December 16, 2020
- Recommendations for Staying Safe from Covid-19 During the Holidays - November 9, 2020
- San Mateo County Health Officer Order - June 17, 2020
- San Mateo County Shelter in Place extended through May 31 - April 29, 2020
- San Mateo County Health Office Extends Shelter in Place Order Until May 3 - March 31, 2020
- San Mateo County Health Officer issued a Shelter in Place Order - March 16, 2020
- San Mateo County Issues School Operations Modification Order - March 13, 2020
For additional health orders and health officer statements, please visit the San Mateo County Health Officer Order and Statement Page.
- For kids - A comic to help explain the Coronavirus
- Childmind.org - "Talking to Your Kids About the Coronavirus"
- Childmind.org - "Helping Children Cope with Frightening News"
- New York Times - “Talking to Teens and Tweens About Coronavirus”
- CDC - "What You Need to Know About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)"
- CDC - "COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers"
- San Mateo County Health Department Opens Public Call Center
- World Health Organization - “Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak”
- CDC - “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)”
- San Mateo County Health Department Updates and Information