Recent State/County Orders and Parent Resources
- California has a blueprint for reducing COVID-19 in the state with revised criteria for loosening and tightening restrictions on activities - August 28, 2020
- San Mateo County Named to State COVID-19 Watch List - July 29, 2020
- Governor Newsom Issues Order: Schools and school districts can reopen for in-person instruction if they are located in a county that has stayed off the watch list for more than 14 days - July 17, 2020
- San Mateo County Health Officer Order - June 17, 2020
- San Mateo County Shelter in Place extended through May 31 - April 29, 2020
- San Mateo County Health Office Extends Shelter in Place Order Until May 3 - March 31, 2020
- San Mateo County Health Officer issued a Shelter in Place Order - March 16, 2020
- San Mateo County Issues School Operations Modification Order - March 13, 2020
For additional health orders and health officer statements, please visit the San Mateo County Health Officer Order and Statement Page.
- For kids - A comic to help explain the Coronavirus
- Childmind.org - "Talking to Your Kids About the Coronavirus"
- Childmind.org - "Helping Children Cope with Frightening News"
- New York Times - “Talking to Teens and Tweens About Coronavirus”
- CDC - "What You Need to Know About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)"
- CDC - "COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers"
- San Mateo County Health Department Opens Public Call Center
- World Health Organization - “Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak”
- CDC - “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)”
- San Mateo County Health Department Updates and Information