How to Apply to Elementary School, grades TK-5
We welcome applications at every grade level, including Kindergarteners who will turn 5 by September 1, 2024 or Transitional Kindergarteners who will turn 5 by February 1, 2025. Our TK program is intended for students who are ready for an experience in a TK-8 school environment, and we currently integrate our TK students into our Kindergarten program with differentiated learning opportunities. We consider every child on an individual basis to determine whether TK, Kindergarten, or another year of preschool is most appropriate. We welcome your inquiries and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Below you will find a detailed description of the application process. Wornick uses FACTS' web-based application platform for the submission of online applications. The Admissions team will be available to answer your questions or provide assistance at any time during the process.
The application system for the 2024-25 school year is now open! All application materials for the 2024-25 school year are due January 19, 2024.
The Director of Admissions may be reached at email@example.com or by calling 650-378-2611.
|Key Admission Dates for Applicants to Elementary School|
|All Application Materials Due||January 19, 2024|
|Tuition Assistance Applications Due Online||February 7, 2024|
|Shadow Experiences for Applicants to Grades 1-5||By Appointment|
|Screening Assessment Dates for TK & Kindergarten Applicants||January 31 & February 7, 2024|
|Admission Decisions and Tuition Assistance Notification Letters Mailed||March 13, 2024|
|Admission Decisions and Tuition Assistance Notification Letters E-mailed||March 14, 2024|
|Enrollment Contracts and Deposit Due||March 21, 2024
at 10 am
- Learn More About Wornick
- Complete an Online Application
- Apply for Tuition Assistance if needed
- Schedule a Student Experience
- Admission Decisions and Enrollment
We invite all prospective families to view the Why Wornick video on our Begin Your Wornick Journey page, visit our Why Wornick? page to learn about our community and operations, and our Virtual Tour page. A parent admissions meeting is also highly encouraged. To request a virtual meeting with our Director of Admissions, please complete an inquiry form.
Other admissions events, including our Open House on November 5, 2023 and our Sunday morning activity events for 3-5 year olds, provide an excellent opportunity to get to know our program. Register for events here.
Please complete our online application by the deadline of January 19, 2024. To do so, please click on the blue "Apply Now" button above, which will take you to the application platform, FACTS, which Wornick uses to manage its applications. Please create an account, and then fill out your application for Ronald C. Wornick Jewish Day School. If you have another student currently at Wornick, you can log in to FACTS with your current credentials, and on the home page click on Apply/Enroll located on the left menu. From there, create a New Student application.
The online application includes:
- Parent and Student Profiles
- Parent Questionnaire
- Uploading a copy of your student's birth certificate
- Delegate the confidential teacher evaluation form to your child's current teacher by entering their name and email in this section. This form will be sent to that person upon submission of your application and payment.
- Applicants to Grades 1-5 must submit a request for student records to your current school. To do so, enter the school contact and email in this section of the application. This request will be sent to that person upon submission of your application and payment. All records must be received by the application deadline. The request for student records form is available for download from the online application, or here.
- Application fee of $100, payable by credit card as part of the online application. If the application fee represents a hardship for your family, please contact the Director of Admissions.
Wornick is committed to making our school available to a diverse community and offers tuition assistance to families showing a demonstrated need. Tuition Assistance information is available here. Please note that the application deadline for tuition assistance is February 7, 2024.
TK/Kindergarten applicants must attend a screening session in on Sunday, January 28, 2024, or Wednesday, February 7, 2024. You must sign up when you submit your application in FACTS.
Applicants to grades 1-5 generally spend one or more days attending school at Wornick with their current grade. These visits are arranged by appointment after all application forms are complete.
Upon completion of the above steps, the Admission Committee will carefully review each application. Admissions decisions and tuition assistance information will be mailed on March 13, 2024, and emailed on March 14, 2024 in accordance with the practices of the Bay Area Independent Schools. Enrollment contracts and tuition deposit are due March 21, 2024.
Siblings of current students will receive their decisions on February 29, 2024, and contracts are due back on March 7.