How to Apply to Elementary School, grades TK-5
We welcome applications at every grade level, including Kindergarteners who will turn 5 by September 1, 2020 or Transitional Kindergarteners who will turn 5 by December 1, 2020.
Below you will find a detailed description of the application process. Wornick is one of the San Francisco Bay Area schools using a web-based application called Ravenna Admit for the submission of online applications. The Admissions team will be available to answer your questions or provide assistance at any time during the process.
All application materials are due January 17, 2020.
The Director of Admissions may be reached at email@example.com or by calling 650-378-2611.
|Key Admission Dates for Applicants to Elementary School|
|Elementary School Open House||November 17, 2019
|All Application Materials Due||January 17, 2020|
|Tuition Assistance Applications Due Online||February 10, 2020|
|Shadow Days for Applicants to Grades 1-5||By Appointment|
|On-Site Admission Sessions for Applicants to Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten||January 27, February 3, or February 9, 2020|
|Admission Decisions and Tuition Assistance Notification Letters Mailed||March 18, 2020|
|Admission Decisions and Tuition Assistance Notification Letters E-mailed||March 19, 2020|
|Enrollment Contracts and Deposit Due||March 26, 2020
at 10 am
- Schedule a Visit
- Complete an Online Application
- Apply for Tuition Assistance if needed
- Schedule a Student Visit
- Admission Decisions and Enrollment
A parent admissions tour is highly encouraged. To request a tour, please complete an inquiry form.
Other admissions events, including our Elementary School Open House on November 17, 2019 and our Preschool Academy events, provide an excellent opportunity to get to know our program. Register for events here.
Please complete our online application. To do so, please click on the blue "Apply Now" button above, which will take you to the application platform, Ravenna, which Wornick uses to manage its applications. Please create an account, and then fill out your application for Ronald C. Wornick Jewish Day School.
The online application includes:
- Parent and Student Profiles
- Parent Questionnaire
- Copy of your child's birth certificate
- Confidential student evaluation form, to be completed by your child's current teacher. Please invite the teacher to complete this form via the online application.
- Applicants to Grades 1-5 must submit a request for student records to your current school. Please sign the form and provide it to your child's current school. All records must be received by the application deadline. The request for student records form is available for download from the online application, or here.
- Application fee of $100, payable by credit card as part of the online application. If the application fee represents a hardship for your family, please contact the Director of Admissions.
Wornick is committed to making our school available to a diverse community and offers tuition assistance to families showing a demonstrated need. Tuition Assistance information is available here. Please note that the application deadline for tuition assistance is February 10, 2020.
Applicants to Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten will attend small group sessions. Please sign up for one session when you fill out your application on Ravenna.
Applicants to grades 1-5 will spend one or more days attending school at Wornick with their current grade. These visits are arranged by appointment after all application forms are complete.
Upon completion of the above steps, the Admission Committee will carefully review each application. Admissions decisions and tuition assistance information will be mailed on March 18, and emailed on March 19, 2020 in accordance with the practices of the Bay Area Independent Schools.
Enrollment contracts and tuition deposit are due March 26, 2020.