How to Apply to Elementary School, grades TK-5
We welcome applications at every grade level, including Kindergarteners who will turn 5 by September 1, 2022 or Transitional Kindergarteners who will turn 5 by December 1, 2022. Our TK program is intended for students who are ready for an experience in a TK-8 school environment. We consider every child on an individual basis to determine whether TK, Kindergarten, or another year of preschool is most appropriate. We welcome your inquiries and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Below you will find a detailed description of the application process. Wornick uses FACTS' web-based application platform for the submission of online applications. The Admissions team will be available to answer your questions or provide assistance at any time during the process.
All application materials are due January 14, 2022.
The Director of Admissions may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 650-378-2611.
|Key Admission Dates for Applicants to Elementary School|
|All Application Materials Due||January 14, 2022|
|Tuition Assistance Applications Due Online||February 19, 2022|
|Shadow Experiences for Applicants to Grades 1-5||By Appointment|
|Screening Assessment Dates for TK & Kindergarten Applicants||TBA - January & February 2022|
|Admission Decisions and Tuition Assistance Notification Letters Mailed||March 16, 2022|
|Admission Decisions and Tuition Assistance Notification Letters E-mailed||March 17, 2022|
|Enrollment Contracts and Deposit Due||March 24, 2022
at 10 am
- Learn More About Wornick
- Complete an Online Application
- Apply for Tuition Assistance if needed
- Schedule a Student Experience
- Admission Decisions and Enrollment
We invite all prospective families to view the Why Wornick video on our Begin Your Wornick Journey page and our Virtual Tour page. A parent admissions meeting is also highly encouraged. To request a virtual meeting with our Director of Admissions, please complete an inquiry form.
Other admissions events, including our Learn About Middle School on October 24, 2021 and our Learn About Elementary School on November 14, 2021 and our Sunday morning activity events for 3-5 year olds, provide an excellent opportunity to get to know our program. Register for events here.
Please complete our online application. To do so, please click on the blue "Apply Now" button above, which will take you to the application platform, FACTS, which Wornick uses to manage its applications. Please create an account, and then fill out your application for Ronald C. Wornick Jewish Day School.
The online application includes:
- Parent and Student Profiles
- Parent Questionnaire
- Uploading a copy of your student's birth certificate
- Confidential student evaluation form, to be completed by your child's current teacher. Please copy the form link, email it to your student's current teacher, instruct them to complete it, and email the completed form to email@example.com.
- Applicants to Grades 1-5 must submit a request for student records to your current school. Please print, sign the form, and provide it to your child's current school. All records must be received by the application deadline. The request for student records form is available for download from the online application, or here.
- Application fee of $100, payable by credit card as part of the online application. If the application fee represents a hardship for your family, please contact the Director of Admissions.
Wornick is committed to making our school available to a diverse community and offers tuition assistance to families showing a demonstrated need. Tuition Assistance information is available here. Please note that the application deadline for tuition assistance is February 9, 2022.
TK/Kindergarten applicants must attend a screening session in January or February 2022. We will continue to evaluate COVID conditions as we near Januaury 2022, and advise how we will be proceeding.
Applicants to grades 1-5 generally spend one or more days attending school at Wornick with their current grade. These visits are arranged by appointment after all application forms are complete. We will continue to evaluate COVID conditions as we near the end of January 2022, and advise how we will be proceeding.
Upon completion of the above steps, the Admission Committee will carefully review each application. Admissions decisions and tuition assistance information will be mailed on March 16, 2022, and emailed on March 17, 2022 in accordance with the practices of the Bay Area Independent Schools.
Enrollment contracts and tuition deposit are due March 24, 2022.