Located in Foster City, Ronald C Wornick Jewish Day School is a pluralistic community day school for students from TK until 8th grade. We are a warm and welcoming community with a collaborative team focused on bettering our school, supporting our students and welcoming our families. Wornick Day School is seeking a kindergarten teacher for the 2021-2022 school year to join our faculty and provide an outstanding educational experience to our children. Wornick’s kindergarten is a play based environment that helps prepare students for the academic and social-emotional requirements of elementary school. Every year we have a handful of transitional kindergarten students join us. The role is supported by an assistant-teacher and an additional Hebrew/Judaics enrichment teacher.
The Kindergarten Teacher will:
- Serve as a lead teacher in our kindergarten program
- Design engaging and developmentally appropriate curriculum in partnership with our kindergarten team
- Be collaborative in nature and team oriented
- Assess student progress using a variety of tools to monitor growth and areas of need
- Use data to tailor instruction to meet students’ academic, social, and emotional learning needs
- Create a classroom culture of respect and inclusivity for all community members
- Communicate with parents regularly about education program and student progress
- Participate as an active member of the school community to provide stewardship of the school, supporting admissions events as needed
- Maintain education and behavior plans for students with learning differences
- Attend all staff meetings and fulfill other duties assigned by the principal (recess duties, club supervision etc)
- Seek professional growth opportunities to maintain knowledge of cutting edge pedagogy
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a degree or an advanced degree in education with a California teaching credential
- Have a minimum of three (3) years as a kindergarten teacher, 5+ highly preferred
- Have experience teaching “Wilson Fundations” or similar reading program
- Possess a strong understanding of child development through professional development and formal learning experiences
- Have experience with PBL methods
- First aid/CPR a plus
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Ronald C. Wornick Jewish Day School is a pluralistic, independent Jewish community day school serving students in TK through 8th grade in the Peninsula of the San Francisco Bay Area. We are searching for a part-time Learning Specialist/Counselor.
Our warm and welcoming school values caring, passionate, creative, and self-reflective practitioners who are open to teaching and learning using new, innovative methods. Our teachers create safe, supportive, and intellectual learning environments while striving to help students fully develop and fulfill their academic and personal potential. Our curricula is organized according to UbD and we emphasize project based learning. Our progress reports are standards based. The health and safety of our community is our utmost priority. Please visit our website to learn more about us and view our Health and Safety Plan.
Please submit a letter of interest and your resume/CV to email@example.com.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the lead teachers to assess the strengths and needs of students.
- Coordinate with Assistant Head of School to support student needs, plan learning, and collaborate on approach.
- Write learning plans and collaborate with the grade level teachers on individualized goals for specific students.
- Facilitate communication among parents, teachers, and outside professionals
- Facilitate teacher communication/understanding about individual students from grade to grade in collaboration with our Assistant Head of School and School Counselor.
- Conduct classroom observations of students to better understand individual student’s learning strengths and needs
- Coordinate outside support specialists and work collaboratively with their organizations
- Extend learning for high achieving students and guide struggling learners to reach their potential
- Work one on one and with groups of students to achieve learning plan goals
- Part-time/ possibility to become full time
- A bachelor's degree is required, master's degree in special education is preferred
- At least three years of classroom experience required
- At least two years of experience working as a learning specialist or student support professional
- Familiarity with the SST process
- Embodies a growth mindset and able to build positive relationship with students, families and colleagues
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to read, interpret and explain policies, programs and reports
Compensation and Perks
- Salary competitive and based on experience and qualifications
- Enthusiastic mission-driven colleagues
- A strong sense of community, with people who truly care about the social, emotional and academic growth of the students
- Supportive, involved families and strong parent association
Wornick Jewish Day School is accredited by CAIS and WASC.