Position: Advancement Associate
Located in Foster City, Ronald C Wornick Jewish Day School is a pluralistic community day school for students from TK until 8th grade. We are a warm and welcoming community with a collaborative team focused on bettering our school, supporting our students and welcoming our families. Our Advancement Associate will work within both the development and admissions departments and will play an essential role in securing our school’s future. We are searching for a collaborative team member who is a creative self starter, can meet deadlines and is willing to pitch in as needed.
Interested Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Position start date: Early December
Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Implement short and long-term development, marketing, admissions, and communication strategies to support the advancement of the school’s mission, vision, philosophy, and events.
- Promote programs that enhance the public perception of the school, interest parents to send their children, and encourage donors to contribute to Wornick Jewish Day School.
- Develop publications and materials to support fundraising campaigns and donor relations.
- Achieve brand consistency, coordination of messages, and the highest standards for external and internal communications.
- Support public relations for school events which may include, but is not limited to photography, production of newsletters, press releases for publication and working with media contacts.
- Create marketing content consistent with Wornick's overall messaging.
- Photograph events and produce video clips; maintain media archives.
- Assist with the ongoing communication of school calendar and weekly updates.
- Welcome prospective families to the campus warmly. Acts as an enthusiastic ambassador of our program to all current and potential stakeholders.
- Assist with recruiting and admissions activities, including, but not limited to, open house, preschool academies, events off campus, parent education opportunities and shadow days for student applicants.
- Support recruiting and admissions processing by using recruiting and admissions technology.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the administrative team.
- Collaborate in the creation and update of web content and related protocols.
- Ensure the website design flow adheres to branding specifications and is conducive to a user-friendly find/view pattern.
- Advance marketing strategy by tracking and analyzing website data.
- Collaborate in the design and production of printed materials for educational, fundraising, admissions, and administrative operations.
- Manage creation and selection of photography for print and electronic communications.
- Support the development and execution of collateral materials for major organizational initiatives.
Social Media and Media Relations:
- Promote school and parent association events via e-communications on a weekly basis.
- Maintain the school’s Facebook page and continually update all social media.
- Write and distribute press releases; pitch the local media to secure media placement.
- Actively monitor the school’s online reputation.
- Update lobby monitor with daily activities.
- Coordinate e-communications for staff promoting school and on-campus community events.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, English/journalism, public relations, computer science, or a related communications field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator, InDesign, and Mac platform.
- Working knowledge of web development languages, content management systems, current browsers and other emerging web technologies.
- Knowledge of the Jewish Community and Jewish Day Schools a bonus!
- Non-profit experience preferred but not necessary.
- Must be able to clear a background check and history indicating ability to work with children.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Outstanding organizational skills, high attention to detail; creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Marketing communications experience in copywriting, graphic design, or public relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; compose, edit, and proofread text with accuracy.
- Proficient and comfortable as a collaborative team member and as an individual contributor.
- Able to prioritize and balance a variety of projects simultaneously and meet critical time deadlines.
- Quickly learn new platforms (email marketing software, website, etc.).
- Comfortable with social media platforms.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with parents, donors, the public, vendors, contractors, and staff is essential.
- Candidates should be highly discreet, with great respect for confidentiality and the dignity of young children.
Contact: Adam Eilath, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Information Technology Specialist
Located in Foster City, Ronald C Wornick Jewish Day School is a pluralistic community day school for students from TK until 8th grade. We are a warm and welcoming community with a collaborative team focused on bettering our school, supporting our students and welcoming our families.
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist is an exciting opportunity to join a school that prioritizes the optimal use of technology in its operations and the effective integration of technology in the classroom. The IT Specialist will be responsible for all technological resources and will support education, administration, and communications. Responsibilities include coordinating with campus contracted firm which manages our network, wireless technologies, Windows server and cloud based applications, purchasing hardware and software, managing vendor relationships, supporting the execution of the technology plan and supporting protocols for technology use.
- Minimum of 3 years in technology planning, information technology, project management or tech support.
- Working collaboratively in a dynamic team environment. Managing inquiries and requests for support and effectively triaging in a fast paced school environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Apple Products (example Jamf), Google Apps, Chromebooks, web and cloud based applications in a demanding network environment. Preference will be given to those who have worked in education environments.
- Experience with maintaining school-wide electronic mail systems, G-Suite for Education, Office 365 and internet connectivity.
- Experience in the design, development and support of school-wide information management applications. (Examples include Veracross, Ravenna, Google Classroom, Seesaw).
- Experience managing network infrastructure, including routers, switches and wireless access points.
- Experience supporting printers and copiers.
- Demonstrated success in planning and deploying technology resources to support changing organizational priorities, processes and activities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with current technology trends and in current practice in education technology a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.