Position: Jewish Studies Teacher
Located in Foster City, Ronald C Wornick Jewish Day School is a pluralistic community day school for students from TK until 8th grade. We are a warm and welcoming community with a collaborative team focused on bettering our school, supporting our students and welcoming our families. Wornick Day School is seeking a Jewish Studies Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year to join our team and create powerful Jewish learning opportunities for our students.
The Jewish Studies Teacher will:
- Teach 4-5 sections of Jewish Studies classes in the Elementary and/or Middle School
- Work to develop curriculum with the support of the Principal and Judaic Studies Director
- Work collaboratively with the Jewish Studies department to infuse holidays and the Jewish life cycle into the curriculum
- Differentiate appropriately for students with different learning styles and experience with Judaism and Jewish texts
- Support and lead Tefillah on a daily basis
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Principal
- Attend all faculty and grade level meetings
- Participate in all school events including; open houses, student performances, back to school night, parent teacher conferences and similar events
- Serve on committees at school to improve school culture and support the professional community\
- Regularly assess students and report home appropriately to parents on student progress
- Help develop a love of Torah, Jewish Learning and Israel in partnership with the school
The successful candidate will:
- Have a BA in Jewish Studies or have extensive Jewish learning experience (Yeshiva, Day School, Beit Midrash etc)
- Have experience teaching Jewish texts to elementary aged students
- Demonstrate an ability to make Jewish text, tradition and history relevant to a diverse group of students and families
- Be collaborative in nature and work well in teams to design curriculum, holiday programming and school rituals with the Jewish Studies team
- Be able to receive feedback from supervisors and communicate effectively with administrators
- Have a proven track record of engaging with parents and families
- Have excellent writing skills
- Have experience differentiating for a group of diverse learners
- Song leading/guitar playing a plus!
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Adam Eilath, email@example.com
Position: Middle School Math and Science Teacher
Ronald C. Wornick Jewish Day School is a pluralistic Jewish community day school serving students in Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade on the mid-Peninsula of the San Francisco Bay Area. We are a warm and welcoming community with a collaborative team focused on bettering our school, supporting our students and welcoming our families. We are seeking an accomplished, part-time Math/Science Teacher for middle school.
Our school values caring, passionate, creative and self-reflective practitioners who are open to teaching and learning using new, innovative methods. Our teachers create safe, supportive and intellectual learning environments while striving to help students fully develop and fulfill their academic and personal potential.
Our ideal Math and Science teacher will:
- Love teaching middle schoolers
- Plan, prepare, and deliver instruction that provides purposeful, active, and engaging learning experiences, aligned to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards
- Have strong content knowledge, particularly around pre-Algebra, Algebra, Physics, Chemistry, and the Human Body.
- Work as part of a school-wide team that plans, facilitates, and leads middle school programs
- Develop differentiated curriculum and create differentiated learning objectives for a wide range of learners
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborate meaningfully with colleagues across curricular disciplines
- Contribute to a positive classroom and school environment that promotes the exchange of ideas and strategies and the development of the school and organization.
- Integrate elements of STEM thinking into curricula and instruction
- Be excited to grow professionally
- Have a degree in Education, Math, Science or a closely related field, Teaching Credential and/or Master’s preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive salary and benefits along with an inclusive and supportive working environment.
To apply, please submit your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.