Why Choose a Jewish Day School?
Choosing a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make for your child. A Jewish Day School will provide your child with many unique advantages.
- Jewish Day School graduates express a strong sense of responsibility towards addressing the needs of the larger society by influencing social values, helping those in need, volunteering their time to social change efforts and finding careers that allow them to be of service to the larger community.
- Jewish day school graduates are more resistant to social pressures that lead to risky behaviors than their public and private school peers. Our students have empathy and integrity based on Jewish values.
- A Jewish day school education cultivates a strong engagement to Judaism and a strong connection to Israel, which results in positive involvement in Jewish life in local community, the college campus and beyond.
- Alumni of Jewish schools gain admittance to colleges and universities that represent the full spectrum of institutions of higher learning including the most highly selective.
- Students who attend Jewish day schools participate in all aspects of High School and undergraduate college life and are well represented in the ranks of student leaders.
- Neuro-scientific research suggests that at a young age, children have a greater capacity to learn a foreign language. Wornick students study Hebrew daily, and are able to read, write and speak competently by graduation.
With small class sizes, a curriculum that exceeds state standards, is rich in critical and creative thinking, communication and collaboration, Wornick offers an unparalled opportunity for a top notch secular and Jewish education.
Excerpts from, What Difference Does a Day School Make? Impact of Day School - a comparative analysis, from PEJE (Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education).