Rather than keep editing the Wornick web site, I'll make updates easily on my own web site. Archived information can also be found on what we've worked on.
All students learn responsible, effective, and safe computing skills as well as means to incorporate technology across all academic disciplines.
At the Ronald C. Wornick Jewish Day School, we have installed an integrated Instructional Technology Program which includes:
- Standards based technology curriculum (www.iste.org) for grades K-8.
- Middle school 1:1 laptop program with practical application
- Emphasis on safe computing with resources for parents on safe computing
- Multimedia use of technology for community communications
- Integrated use of computers throughout the curriculum
We are committed to the professional development of our teachers in how they use technology throughout the curriculum. In addition, we maintain a wireless, always-on school network.
- Professional development in educational technology for faculty
- Internal network with automated back-up, virus protection, content filtering, file serving, and printing
- Secure wireless network with 100% coverage
- Projector and AV equipment installed in every Middle School classroom
- Parent - teacher communication using multiple media
- Multimedia and online curriculum
- Outreach and partnership with other schools
- Constant research into emerging technologies
A secure, wireless network provides Internet access throughout the school.