Wornick At A Glance
Wornick was founded in 1986 to be a K-5 school. In 2001, as we moved into our new home on the North Peninsula Jewish Campus, we launched our Middle School which now has 75 students in grades 6-8.
Over 215 students are enrolled in Kindergarten to 8th Grade.
38 full time faculty and staff
- Average student-teacher ratio in Kindergarten through 5th Grade is 12:1
- Middle School student-teacher ratio ranges from 8:1 to 20:1
Second language immersion classes beginning in Kindergarten.
Groundbreaking Israel education curriculum culminating in 8th Grade journey to Israel.
Over 50% of Wornick students score in the 95th percentile of Independent School students on Education Resource Board (ERB) subject tests in English and Math. In addition, 50% of our students qualify for the Center for Talented Youth summer program at Johns Hopkins University.
Our graduates continue to learn, lead and affiliate:
- 90% take Honors/Advanced Standing classes in high school with an average of 5 classes each
- 80% take Advanced Placement classes in high school with an average of 3 classes each
- 70% affiliate with Jewish organizations in high school and college
Wornick students raise over $50,000 annually in tzedakah (philanthropy).
Member of the Small School Intermediate League (SSIL), Wornick athletic teams compete and have won championships in Cross Country, Soccer and Basketball.
Proud Partner of the North Peninsula Jewish Campus with use of the swimming pools, full court gym and all-weather field
Accredited by California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Wornick Jewish Day School is a beneficiary of the Jewish Community Federation, the Jewish Community Federation Endowment Fund and the Jim Joseph Foundation.
The Wornick Campus
We are a proud partner of the North Peninsula Jewish Campus.
Our new, 35,000 square foot facility opened in January 2004, and includes:
- Fully-Equipped Science Lab
- 10,000 Volume Library
- School Assembly and Performance Hall
- Jewish Study Center
- Age-Appropriate Playgrounds and Sports Fields
- Dedicated Room for Before and After-School Programs
- Modern Kitchen (for daily hot lunch)
- Student access to the indoor pool, gymnasium and outdoor sports courts at the adjacent Peninsula Jewish Community Center.